Wednesday, August 26, 2009

An Introduction

"Introduction" seems to be one of the few words we use in everyday language that appropriately serves its purposes, since through a "Hi, my name is..." we can never really gain full insight into a person. Introductions touch on the big things in our lives, whereas our identity is really founded in the little ones.

Some big things: I'm a senior Writing and Psychology student at TCU. My "home" is just a stone's throw away on the other side of Fort Worth. I've always been a psychology major but I switched my English major to writing after I started taking a few classes and kept feeling like something was missing; I realized that I was doing an awful lot of reading and analysis but the satisfaction of my own creative endeavors wasn't there. My first "writing" class was The Essay and it completely transformed my opinion of what the TCU English department had to offer me :)

After graduation, I hope to pursue a PhD in Clinical Psychology, working with children in the field of neuropsychology. My hope is that writing will fall somewhere into the nooks and crannies of that career, but regardless, I'm building my love of it by studying it now. I enjoy writing all kinds of pieces, but probably non-fiction best.

I also love listening to music. And collecting it, too. I keep all my old CDs (i.e. S Club 7, Bewitched, Britney from the "...Baby One More Time" days) and, this summer, I embarked upon a project of cataloguing all my music into my recently purchased 1TB hard drive. I could only be so lucky to fill half of it with great music over my lifetime.

1 comment:

  1. Anahita: This is a really good introduction. You'll have to tell me at a 1TB hard drive (you can tell I know nothing about it). Is this something I could save a dissertation on?

    I enjoyed reading this post and look forward to reading all your posts this semester. Something tells me that you will get your PhD and you will be great working with those children. Best of Luck, Lynda

    ReplyDelete